- Este evento ha pasado.
TALLER «CÓMO MEJORAR LA DIVULGACIÓN DE INFORMACIÓN CLIMÁTICA Y RELACIONADA CON LA NATURALEZA»
As the potential risks associated with climate change and environmental degradation are better understood, companies are expected to provide information in their reporting on how they are responding to these risks and opportunities. Companies must therefore be able to provide a sufficient level of climate and environmental information necessary to inform investor decision-making and make capital allocations which ultimately support the transition to a low-carbon climate-resilient economy.
Despite several developments emerging including the TCFD recommendations, evidence from the market suggests that companies are still reporting climate-related information that lacks the necessary quality, cohesiveness, and comparability for decision-usefulness. In terms of natural capital disclosure, despite the fact that businesses and their investors have already been exposed to its financial impacts, it is still in its nascence, but relevant work has begun to be developed in the framework of the Informal Working Group (IWG) of the new Task Force on Nature-related Financial Disclosure (TNFD). Members of the IWF are building on lessons learned from the TCFD and in collaboration with the corporate sector, they are defining reporting frameworks that help them align their financial capital with the nature commitments set out in the Post 2020 Biodiversity CBD framework, the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement.
In the framework of the Spanish National Environmental Congress (Conama), on the 20th of January, CDSB in partnership with the Natural Capital Factory -Spanish regional platform of the Natural Capital Coalition– will deliver an online workshop aimed at addressing the challenges faced by companies in providing investors with climate and environmental information.
Workshop participants will:
• Deepen their understanding of how to improve the quality, comparability and coherence of climate and environmental disclosures to aid decision-usefulness.
• Learn about tools to support alignment with TCFD recommendations and effective climate-related financial disclosure.
• Improve their climate and environmental reporting under EU NFRD and explore challenges and trends within existing reporting.
• Enhance their knowledge on water-related information mainstreaming and financial impacts.
• Understand what good practice on climate and environmental reporting looks like through case studies.
• Have a brief overview about the work that is being developed by the IWG of the new TNFD.